Friday, November 25, 2011

Recipes

Happy Black Friday Friends!
I hope everyone had a happy and filling Thanksgiving! Chris and I were at my parent's house with the family eating dad's delicious turkey and grandma's amazing napoloen cake. I wanted to share two salad recipes that I made this year. Both are brought to you courtesy of Ina Garten and are very simple to make and were a big hit at dinner this year.
The first one is a Creamy Cucumber Salad that I actually made last year as well.  The only thing about this salad is that you have to do some prep work the day before (specifically let the cucumbers and yogurt drain overnight) but other than that - it is very easy. Here is the link:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/creamy-cucumber-salad-recipe/index.html
Picture of Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe

The second salad was new for this year - Roasted Butternut Squash with Warm Cider Vinaigrette.
One hint - I bought pre-cut butternut squash which made the whole process a lot easier. I also added a bit more parmesan cheese than the recipe called for which I think was the right thing to do since more cheese is always better than less cheese. Enjoy!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/roasted-butternut-squash-salad-with-warm-cider-vinaigrette-recipe/index.html
Picture of Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment