Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The best ornaments

I'm proud of our little Christmas tree. This is only the 4th year that I have decorated a tree since being of the Jewish Persuasion I have had no reason to before I started shacking up with a gentile. I do, however, have a strict white and silver color rule. I feel like I am making up for years of anal retentive Christmas tree decorating by prohibiting any ornaments other than those of the white and silver variety. But it's my tree...so I do what I want. That's not to say that I don't like ornaments of other colors, I do...I just don't allow them on my tree but I do allow them in my blog. So please to enjoy some of the beautiful ornaments I have found on the interweb.

2011-12-12 18.50.45.jpg
Here is a shot of our little tree

The following finds are from Crate and Barrel:
SilverGltrStrpGrnWt5cmF11
Glitter striped ball ornaments

PickleOrnamentF11
A pickle ornament. I mean COME ONE...how awesome!

SquareFrameRedGrnAstF11
I think a great way to capture the memory of a special event like a marriage or a baby being born is with a framed ornament of the occasion. There is one one our tree with our wedding photo in it

MatryoshkaDollBoxAstdF11
Something to remind me of the motherland

GlassKissingBallRed3inF8
Love this! Got one last year!

KnitMooseAstdF11
A moose wearing a cute hoodie...very representative of winter

German Glitter Frame Ornament
This glitter frame ornament from Pottery Barn adds just the right amount of sparkle

Last year, my female parental unit brought us back some beautiful glass german ornaments. I have been looking online to find something equally as beautiful but have not been successful. Nevertheless, here are some of the nicer things I have found.

Snowed Cones Ornament by Inge Glas
Multicolored pine cone ornament

French Blue Ornament by Inge Glas
Stinky blue cheese ornament!

Finally, I present to you....the world's most expensive ornament (according to the my most recent google search)
World's Most Expensive Christmas Ornament
Here are some of the stats on this pricey treasure:
  • Made by Hallmark Jewelers in the UK
  • Made with 500 diamonds, three of which are at least 1 carat
  • Also made with 188 rubies
  • It took almost a year to construct
  • It costs $136,000!!!!!!!!
Click here to read all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment