Thursday, December 1, 2011

The bob

I have been thinking a lot about hair styles in the last few days. My friend Kristen sent me a photo of her new haircut which I loved and given that I have a hair appointment coming up next weekend, I am seriously toying with the idea of giving my hair the ole choparoo. Now before you freak out (mom) and others that think I should leave my hair long, it is just something I am thinking about, have not committed to anything yet. I do, however, ADORE a good bob. I realize that I just made a very general statement, there are so many different types of bobs out there, short bobs, longer bobs, in between bobs - but I pretty much love them all with two notable exceptions: 1)Choppy bob and 2)too flat to your head bob
Here are a few photos of some favorite (including one of me!)


Here we have the thick banged bob - Katie Holmes looks gorgeous in this photo as a direct result of her hair and her "Tom Cruise Craziness" is hardly even visible! I also really like the pieces of hair that are out of place and fall against her face


Here is the futuristic chic bob - substantially harder to pull off because of the sharp lengths and the extremely short angle but Natalie rocks it, don't you think?


Next is the shoulder length bob. This one is great because not everyone can pull off short hair...maybe your ears are too big or you have a third ear growing out of the side of your head that you need to cover with hair. This is a great look for practically anyone in my opinion. I also like it with the side swept bang the most


Here we have the asymmetrical bob. Now I do think that Victoria Beckham (side note, remember when she was Victoria Adams??) may overdo it a bit with her degree of assymetricality (yes, I realize that isn't a word) but I like the idea, and if done right can make your hair look very voluminous.

















Finally, here I am in 2007 on my birthday, shortly after Earlene Marron and I chopped all of our hair off together. I remember LOVING the length, even though it was super short and now I reminisce about how easy and manageable it was (this was in the pre-brazilian blowout days of course)

Anyways, I hope I have inspired you all to possibly do something cool and crazy with your hair. I, however, still have a big decision to make. PLEASE TO ADVISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment