Sunday, February 26, 2012

My thoughts on The Oscars

I originally planned on writing a long and detailed blog post about everything Oscar but it just hit me that writing a post like that would take away from my true feelings for the ceremony and the award itself. To me, someone who is in no way affiliated with the movie industry (except that I one day hope to attend the show, it is TRULY a dream of mine), this event is absolutely magical. I remember starting to watch this show in the early 1990's with my parents and not being allowed to stay up and watch the whole show and having to watch it after school the next day because my parents taped it for me. I remember being so nervous for all of the acting categories because I was so invested in finding out the outcome...I just loved the suspense.  As I am writing this post, Octavia Spencer won the award for best supporting actress. I can only imagine how hard she worked in her career to get to this point and that is absolutely beautiful to see. A job well done rewarded with the highest honor in her industry. Lots of people say that the Oscars are far too political and so predictable and that they don't mean anything but I just don't care. Where else are you going to see the biggest names in the movie industry together, honoring one other, cracking jokes, and crying? Nowhere, that's where else. This was, is and continues to be a unique and unbelievable experience for me. That is all I will say. I love The Oscars and I always always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment